Date of birth: 17 Jul 1981
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Skills and specialization
Eight years experience in software design and development. UI/UX design and prototyping. Requirements analysis, tasks decomposition, and estimation. Specifications and technical documentation development. Keeping things in order and transforming the Complex into the Simple.
- Primary programming languages:
- C# (.net 1.1-4.0, winforms/wpf, wcf, spring.net, moq, xunit, nunit, devexpress, wix, msmq, zeromq, log4net, nlog).
- Python (2.6-3, django, web.py).
- Databases: mysql, sqlite, microsoft sql server (std, express, ce), oracle.
- Web: html (4, 5), xhtml, css (2, 3), microformats. Servers: apache, nginx.
- Version control: git, svn, p4, tfs.
- IDE and tools: microsoft visual studio 6.0-2010, jetbrains pycharm, microsoft visio, case studio, windows cli, linux shell, adobe photoshop, mindjet mindmanager.
- Fluent English and Russian.
Invent and develop high-quality and popular products. Increase the amount of order and meaning in the world.
Product development, analysis, UI/UX design, information architecture, distributed systems, and web technologies.
Jan 2012 — Present time: Senior software developer @ Luxoft (Outsourcing)
Aug 2008 — Dec 2011: Software developer @ Lanit Tercom (Outsourcing, R&D)
- Enterprise software development (desktop applications and web services), testing, deployment and support (.NET/C#, PL/SQL, Java, Flex).
- Requirements analysis, tasks decomposition and estimation, creating specifications and project documentation.
- UI prototyping and development, UI logic formalization.
- Analytical information system for thermal power plants for Infoenergo Ltd. (Russia).
- Web-based media management system for DTS Medien AG (Germany).
- Medical data management system for Huntington Hospital (California, USA) / dbMotion Ltd. (Israel).
Aug 2006 — Dec 2009: Software developer @ SZMA LLC (R&D)
- Architecture design for distributed software.
- Requirements analysis, specification drafting and project documentation.
- Software development, testing, deployment, and support (C#, Matlab, MQL, MySQL, PHP).
- Technical documentation and user manuals drafting.
- Web service for financial data collection, verification, and analysis.
- Middleware for Matlab integration with Metaquotes MetaTrader (trading platform).
Dec 2004 — Dec 2008: Post graduate student @ SPIIRAS
- Research in the field of mathematical modeling, scientific conferences participation.
- Participating in development of Computer-aided Modeling System for the Large-scale Social Economic Projects (Russian Foundation for Basic Research grant).
- Experimental software development (C#).
- Training course development for third-year university students.
- A number of publications in science magazines and institute proceedings on mathematical modelling and enterprise automation.
Oct 2006 — Jul 2008: Professor assistant @ SPbUWC
- Training course development for university students.
- Lecturing and running workshops on C++ programming, seminars organization on enterprise software development.
- Exams admission, participating in the examination committee for the “Information Security” specialty.
- Practical programming experience in high-level languages for about 50 university students.
- Lecture notes on C++ programming.
Jul 2003 — Oct 2007: Software developer @ 7+11 Company Ltd.
- Distributed systems design and developing for enterprise automation and monitoring systems.
- Data collection and visualization systems development.
- Embedded software testing, deployment, and support.
- Requirements analysis, technical documentation.
- Office LAN administration (25 workplaces).
- Launched automated control systems for VTB Bank headquarters, Kronverk Business Center and a number of other office and residential buildings in Saint-Petersburg.
- Kilowatt-hours and Giga-calories saved by control algorithms optimization for embedded systems.
Some of personal non-commercial projects
- Bibliography generator for science texts based on the GOST 7.0.5-2008 standard requirements (a tool to get rid of a cumbersome list of weak rules, which should be kept in mind during bibliography drafting).
- Google Chrome browser extensions with a few thousand of users (Narod Downloader, B23).
- Public-Static — static web site builder (it used to generate this page).
- Open source blog CMS: Motoko Smart Blogging System (github.com/dreikanter/motoko).
- Proven concept of Git version control system usage for web content management (specialized CMS for wishlists generation based on Git backend).
- A number of Wordpress plugins (e.g. Wordpress Post List).
GitHub account: github.com/dreikanter.
Higher: 1998—2004, St. Petersburg State University of Airspace Instrumentation (SUAI)
Department of Automatic Control Systems
Specialty: Automatic Control and Information Processing Systems
Postgraduate: 2004–2008, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS)
Specialty: Mathematical and Software Support of Computers,
Complex Systems and Networks
- Brainbench certificates: С, HTML.
- Artyom Gorbunov’s Educational Center certificate: User Experience design and Information Visualization.
- Careerlab certificate: High Level Architecture Design With UML.
- System Analysis School certificate for software requirements development course.
- Community membership: ACM, WSG, UX Russia.
- Traveling passport is available. Inland and abroad business trips experience.